The Best Small Library Award was created by regional library consultants, in conjunction with the Kansas Library Association, to recognize creative and excellent library service, program or activity in a service community of less than 5,000.
Think about the services, programs and activities in your library. Do you have a service, program, activity or library that …
• you are very proud of
• seems unique to your library or community
• other librarians should/could be doing?
If the answer is yes, then please consider applying for this award.
Eligibility for Award:
• Public library serving a taxing district with less than 5,000 people
• Creative, excellent library service, program or activity with high impact on the community and can be replicated in other libraries
Characteristics of eligible services, programs and activities:
• Creativity in developing services and programs
• Creativity in increasing the use and circulation of library materials, e.g., books, DVDs, etc.
• Innovation in introducing and supporting public access to computers and the Internet
• Success in educating patrons in computer use, and measuring the results of technology usage
• Use of technology to expand the reach of library services
• Demonstrated community support
• Sustained cooperation with other libraries
• Partnerships with other agencies and businesses
• Evidence of library’s role as community center
• Raising the profile of the library in your community
• Complete the application by answering the questions in the statistical section
• Write a description of activities listed in the topics in the narrative section for the past two years.
• Collect supporting documentation.
• Email the completed application to: Cathy Reeves; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Place the words “Best Small Library Award” in the subject line of the email
• Completed applications should be emailed by August 9, 2013
• A confirmation will be sent when the application is received
• A committee will review the applications and make the selection
• All applications become the property of the Kansas Library Association and may be shared with other librarians in various means
Wamego Public Library, Wamego, KS
Kinsley Library, Kinsley, KS
Garnett Public Library, Garnett, KS