The Best Small Library Award was created by regional library consultants, in conjunction with the Kansas Library Association, to recognize creative and excellent library service, program or activity in a service community of less than 5,000.
Think about the services, programs and activities in your library. Do you have a service, program, activity or library that …
• you are very proud of
• seems unique to your library or community
• other librarians should/could be doing?
If the answer is yes, then please consider applying for this award.
Eligibility for Award:
• Public library serving a taxing district with less than 5,000 people
• Creative, excellent library service, program or activity with high impact on the community and can be replicated in other libraries
Characteristics of eligible services, programs and activities:
• Creativity in developing services and programs
• Creativity in increasing the use and circulation of library materials, e.g., books, DVDs, etc.
• Innovation in introducing and supporting public access to computers and the Internet
• Success in educating patrons in computer use, and measuring the results of technology usage
• Use of technology to expand the reach of library services
• Demonstrated community support
• Sustained cooperation with other libraries
• Partnerships with other agencies and businesses
• Evidence of library’s role as community center
• Raising the profile of the library in your community
• Complete the application by answering the questions in the statistical section
• Write a description of activities listed in the topics in the narrative section for the past two years.
• Collect supporting documentation.
• Email the completed application to: Cathy Reeves; email@example.com
• Place the words “Best Small Library Award” in the subject line of the email
• Completed applications should be emailed by August 9, 2013
• A confirmation will be sent when the application is received
• A committee will review the applications and make the selection
• All applications become the property of the Kansas Library Association and may be shared with other librarians in various means
Kinsley Library, Kinsley, KS
Garnett Public Library, Garnett, KS